The first pioneer groups in Gorodnya appeared in 1923. At that time in the city there were two collectives: Libknekht group and Ilyich group.
They existed not at schools, but by the territorial principle and united some tens children.
The first director of Pioneer club was O. Arenstein.
In 2005 the House of schoolchildren was renamed on the Center of children’s and youthful creativity.
Directors of the Center of children’s and youthful creativity in different years were:
Geykhman Riva Grigoryevna (the 30-40th years)
Pyoryshkova Maria Fiodorovna (1973-1979)
Smal Olga Gennadiyevna (1979-1985)
Nikitenko Larissa Petrovna (2005-2011)